Friday, July 17, 2009

My first Quilt-a-long

Oh, im so excited, Amanda Jean over at crazymom quilts is hosting a quilt-a-long. I decided to join this one. It's a 9 patch one a day block. At the end of 70 days, we will have enough blocks to make a 66x90 quilt (with sashing). Sounds like fun huh? Thank you Amanda Jean!
If you'd like to check it out, the addy for Amanda Jeans site is http://www.crazymomquilts@blogspot.com/. It starts this coming Monday, July 20.

I havent gone to see about my quilt yet at the LQS. I dont want them to think im in rush to get it back, because really i'm not. It will be just one more project laying around needing to get finished! And I just joined a quilt-a-long??? LOL I will maybe stop by later next week. They sell scrap bags there from the projects they make in the store. They will be great to use for Amanda Jeans quilt-a-long. I may tho, wait to pick up a bag or 2 until i've used up some of my scraps here. I think that is idea of the quilt a long anyways (well, at least MY idea). To use up scraps at home, not go buy more.

If I dont make it back to posting before Monday, have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. welcome, I am rather new to blogging as well. I have learned so much from everyone and I think I will join in on the quilt along over at AmandaJean's.
    Again welcome from one PA to another.
    Carole Ann
    Phila

    ReplyDelete